Retail Store Volunteer
Help support local low-income entrepreneurs by volunteering at one of Seattle’s most unique and inspiring gift stores! Ventures’ retail store, located in the Pike Place Market, features locally made products hand-crafted by small business owners working to build or grow their businesses.
- Provide warm and welcoming customer service.
- Sell a wide variety of hand-crafted local merchandise, including jewelry, accessories, bath and body products, art, gift items, and much more.
- Tidy and straighten store displays, merchandise, overstock, and storage areas as needed.
- Work with Ventures staff on other special projects as needed.
- Volunteer shifts are available every day between the hours of 10:30am and 6:00pm.
- Shifts are usually 4-6 hours long. Most volunteers work at least one shift per week.
- Scheduling is flexible, but we ask for a commitment of at least 16 hours/month for three months.
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience desirable but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for Ventures’ mission to support low-income entrepreneurs.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and perform a wide variety of tasks.
- Gain valuable skills and experience in customer service, sales, cashiering, and retail operations.
- Receive a 10% discount on all Ventures Pike Place merchandise.
Get Started Volunteering!
- Complete our online volunteer application.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation (scheduled on an individual basis with the Volunteer Coordinator).