Business Development Training Coach
Coaches work alongside small groups of entrepreneurs in our 8-week Business Development Training classes. Coaches help the groups become more familiar with the business concepts they learn in class and guide them in applying those concepts to their specific businesses and situations.
- Attend weekly classes during an 8-week Business Development Training course.
- Work one-on-one and in small groups with clients to apply concepts and lessons to their businesses.
- Participate in large group discussions and assist instructor in explaining key business concepts as needed.
- Keep instructors informed of clients’ progress
Approximately 3 hours a week for an 8-week Business Development Training course. Class schedules vary quarterly but classes are generally held weekday evenings.
- Experience starting or growing your own business -OR-
- Basic knowledge of at least two key areas of small business development: sales, marketing, finance, and operations.
- Passionate about Ventures’ mission and believe in the abilities and potential of Ventures clients.
- Must be able to suspend judgment and listen deeply. Must be patient and understanding of the many personal and systemic barriers to business-ownership that our clients encounter.
Get Started Volunteering!
- Complete our online volunteer application.
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation (scheduled on an individual basis with the Volunteer Coordinator)
- Attend a New Coaches Training (held quarterly, before each Business Development Training course).