The Ventures Retail Incubator gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to display and sell their products; receive coaching from retail experts on pricing, display, packaging, and production; and generate revenue through sales of their products. Our flagship store is located in the historic Pike Place Market.
Are you interested in applying for our Retail Incubator? Make sure you meet these requirements:
- Be an Advanced Services client
- Have products that are hand-made in the state of Washington
- Have a Washington state business license, as well as any other licenses required for their size and type of business. You can learn more about filing for a Washington State business license on the State of Washington Business License Service website
If you are selling edible food products, they must be shelf-stable, non-refrigerated, and prepared and packaged according to City of Seattle food handling guidelines and in an approved commercial kitchen. You can find more info at the King County Safe Food Handling website.
- Be willing to agree to our consignment arrangement (ranges from 50%-60% depending on time in program and retail location)
- Contact email@example.com to request an application.
- Provide photos of your products. Either provide a link to your website, or email the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your application is approved, we will contact you to schedule a meeting to review your products, answer questions and discuss program policies.
- If your products are accepted to the Ventures Retail Incubator, you will complete and sign a Consignment Agreement and schedule a time to deliver your first shipment of products to Ventures.
Thank you for your interest in the Ventures Retail Incubator program! Our goal is to review your application and contact you within two weeks of receipt.
Not a Ventures graduate, but interested in selling your products at our retail stores?
While the vast majority of our vendors are graduates of our 8 week business development training course, we are occasionally able to accept artists from outside of the Ventures program. Unaffiliated artists must still meet our financial guidelines and all products must be hand-made in Washington state.
Please note that submitted information and photos cannot be returned. In addition, any delivery or shipping of photos, information or products to and from the Ventures stores or office is the sole responsibility of the vendor. Ventures is not responsible for any shipping or delivery charges. Please do not send any COD or Postage Due packages – they will be refused and returned to sender. Thank you for your understanding!
All participants are welcome to apply for product coaching support for their business, whether or not they ultimately choose to sell their products through the Ventures stores. For more information, please contact email@example.com.