Ventures entrepreneur, Oscar Fernandez of La Panaderia, is proud to announce his grand opening at...
Explore & Enroll
Ventures nonprofit can help you start or expand your small business!
Explore our site and enroll today. Ventures provides access to business training, capital, coaching and hands-on learning opportunities for entrepreneurs with limited resources and unlimited potential. Ventures is a nonprofit organization and our services are free or very low-cost.
- Have a focused business idea or want to grow an existing one?
- Fit our income guidelines?
- Want to move your business idea forward?
Our program is divided into three phases:
Phase 1 Get Ready for Business workshop:
programs and introduction to the core concepts of small business
ownership. At the end of the workshop, there will be the option to
apply to our 8-week Business Development Training. The first step to
get involved in the programs and services of Ventures is signing up for
a Get Ready for Business workshop.
Phase 2 Business Development Training:
and peers to examine the feasibility of their business idea or existing
business. Classes are offered each quarter and follow this structure:
- Class 1 – Define Your Business
- Class 2 – Marketing Plan
- Class 3 – Creating a Sales Plan
- Class 4 – Make Money From Your Business
- Class 5 – Determining Your Break-Even Point
- Class 6 – Cash Flow Projections
- Class 7 – Legal, Taxes and Licensing
- Class 8 – Organizing Your Business
To apply for a space in the course you must have attended the Get
Ready for Business workshop. If accepted, there is a sliding scale fee
for the class.
At Ventures, we love to feature client success stories. Recently I sat down with one...